We are all responsible for the future of our planet.
At Ultra we take this seriously and are big on sustainability, in our offices we take the following steps to be as sustainable as possible:
Fully solar powered – Our offices are covered in solar panels and we have 3 Tesla Powerwall 2 batteries to store up ant excess. From roughly March – October we run on 100% solar power, even generating enough to charge staffs cars and give electricity back to the grid.
Minimal paper – We try our best to reduce our paper use in our office and anything we do use is recycled.
Recyclable packaging – Our protein comes in recyclable plastic bags rather than big plastic tubs.
Glass jars – We send out FREE reusable glass jars with all orders over £50.
Washable face masks – During Covid we have been sending out FREE washable face masks to help people avoid using single use one.
We firmly believe that if every business & consumer does a little bit then together, we can change the world.
Here are our top 5 tips to cut back on plastic use:
- Carry a drinks container – With all Ultra Nutrition orders, we will give you a FREE protein shaker, always carry this with you and refill it rather than buying single use bottles.
- Avoid excessive packaging – Always go for options with the least packaging, if consumers don’t buy it, companies won’t sell it.
- Ditch the cling film – Use foil instead or a reusable glass Tupperware type boxes to store your food.
- Use re-usable masks – During the Covid pandemic rather than using single use face masks re-use your Ultra nutrition mask and simply wash it.
- Re-use bags – This will also save you money, rather than throwing away your bags ensure you reuse them.
Its down to us all to make small changes which together will make huge changes.